Farm Tour Terms & Preparation
- Advanced registration required.
- $75-$100 minimum charge for a farm tour, $20 minimum charge for each additional activity.
- Groups under 10 participants will be charged the minimum rate.
- City Roots reserves the right to change or cancel your field trip in the event of inclement weather.
- Each child must have a signed liability form. Be sure to bring your students’ signed liability waivers.
Download Liability Waiver
Preparing for Your Trip
CHANGE IS THE NATURE OF FARMING — CITY ROOTS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES BASED ON SAFETY, WEATHER, AVAILABILITY, AND ANY OTHER SEEN OR UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES. THE FARM IS AN OUTDOOR ADVENTURE, AND STORMY DAYS WILL BE RESCHEDULED AT THE EARLIEST CONVENIENCE FOR YOUR GROUP AND OUR FARM SCHEDULE.
Now that you've planned your visit, we have a couple of guidelines to help you and your students prepare for a successful trip.
It is important that students observe farm rules. These guidelines have been developed with the safety of the children and the our crops in mind. We will review the following rules required of each visitor when your class arrives. They are:
- Watch where you step - even the smallest foot can damage seedlings and irrigation tubing.
- Ask before you pick anything - children may have the opportunity to harvest, but need to wait for instruction.
- Stay with your group - sometimes activities are spread out and we don’t want anyone getting lost.
- Respect the people and the farm - any tools or resources provided are to be used with care and for their intended purpose.
Cancellation: We will contact your trip leader in the event of inclement weather. If you need to cancel your trip, please give a one week notice. If you cancel after this time, you will be billed for the cost of your trip.